[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-4 11:54:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2006年图书情报硕士英语考试真题
    41.Prom the first paragraph we can infer thatall of the following persons are easily thrown into unemployment EXCEPT.
    A secretaries
    B stock clerks
    C managers
    D wholesalers
    42、In the second paragraph the anther mentionsthe tollbooth collector to
    A mean he will get benefits from the telecomm fled
    B show he is too old to shift to a new position
    C console him on having been replaced by a machine
    D blame the PC for his unemployment
    43.By saying “ ┅ compumation could drive an even deeper wedge between therich and poor ”(line 5. Para 4 )the author means
    A people are getting richer and richer
    B there will be a small gap between rich and poor
    C the gap between rich and poor is getting larger an larger
    D it's time to close up be gap between the rich and poor
    44.What is the author's attitude towardscomputers?
    A positive
    B negative
    C neutral
    D prejudiced
    45.Which of the following might serve as thebest title of passage?
    A Blaming the PC
    B The booming telecomm field
    C Internet distance leaning
    D Keeping up with compumation
    Passage Two
    Tensof thousands of 18 year olds will graduate this year and be handed meaninglessdiplomas .These diplomas won't look any different from awarded their luckierclassmates Their validity will be questioned only when their employers discoverthe these graduates are semiliterate(半文盲)
    Eventually a fortunate few will findtheir way into educational ? repair ? adult ? literacy
    Programs,such as the one where I teach grammar and writing .There ,high school graduates and high schooldropouts pursuing graduate equivalency certificates will learn the skills theyshould have learned in school ,They will discover they have been cheated by oureducational system.
    I will never forget a teacher senior when be had her for English .“He site inthe back of the room talking to his friends ”。she told me ,“ Why don't you move him to the frontrow?
    I urged believing the embarrassment would get him to settle down, Mrs. Stifter said ,”I don't move seniors. I think (使┅不及格) them.“ Ourson's academic life flashed before my eyes. No teacher had ever threatened him.By the time I got home I was feeling pretty good this .It was a radicalapproach for these times ,but well. Why not ? She's going to flunk you ” I told my son.
    I did not discuss it anyfurther.Suddenly English became a priorty (头等重要) in his life.He finished out thesemester with an A.
    I know one example doesn't make acase,but at nightI see a parade of students who are angry for having been passed along untilthey could no longer even pretend to keep up.Of average intelligence or better,they eventually quit school,concluding they were too dumb tofinish.“ I should have been held back,” is a comment I hear frequently.Even sadderare those students who are high-school graduates who say to me after a fewweeks of class.“I don't know how I ever got a high-school diploma.”
    Passing students who have notmastered the work cheats them and the employers who expect graduates to havebasic skills.We excuse this dishonest behavior by saying kids can't learn ifthey come from terrible environments.No one seems to stop to think that mostkids don't put school first on their list unless they perceive something is atrisk.They'd rather be sailing.
    Many students I see at night have decided to make education a priority.They aremotivated by the desire for a better job or the need to hang on to the onethey've got.They have a healthy fear of failure.
    People of all ages can rise abovetheir problems,butthey need to have a reason to do so.Yong people generally don't have thematurity to value education in the same way my adult students value it.But fearof failure can motivate both.
    46.What is the subject of this essay?
    A view point on learning
    B a qualified teacher
    C the importance of examination

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-4 12:35:15 | 显示全部楼层
    D the generation gap
    47.How did Mrs.Sifter get the attention of one of theauthor's children?
    A flunking him
    B moving his seat
    C blaming him
    D playing card with him
    48.The author believes that most effective way for ateacher is to
    A purify the teaching environments .
    B set up cooperation between teachers and parents.
    C hold back student.
    D motivate student.
    49. From the passage we can draw the conclusion that theauthors' attitude toward flunking is
    A negative
    B positive
    C biased
    D indifferent
    50. Judging from the content ,thispassage is probably written for
    A administrators
    B students
    C teachers
    D parents
    Passage Three
    Names have gained increasing importance in the competitive world of highereducation. As colleges strive for market share, they are looking for names thatproject the image they want or reflect the changes they hope to make.Trenton.State College, for example ,became the College of New Jersey nineyears ago when it began raising admissions standards and appealing to studentsfrom throughout the state.
    “All I hear in higher education is, ”Brand ,brand ,brand,“ said TimWesterbeck,who specializes in branding and is managing director of Lipman Hearne, a marketing firmbased in Chicago that works with universities and other nonprofitorganizations. ”There has been a sea change over the last 10 years. Marketingused to be almost a dirty word in higher education.“
    Not all efforts at name changes are successful, ofcourse . In 1997 , the New School forSocial Research became New School University to reflect its growth into a collectionof eight colleges,offering a list of majors that includes psychology, music ,urban studies andmanagement. But New Yorkers continued to call it the New School.
    Now,afterspending an undisclosed sum on an online survey and a marketing consultant'screation of ”haming structures.“ ”brand architecture“ and ” identity systems,“ the university hascome up with a new name: the New School.Beginning Monday, it will adopt newlogon (标识), banners, business cards andeven new names for the individual colleges, all to include the words ”the NewSchool.“
    Changes in names generally revealsignificant shifts in how a college wants to be perceived. In altering its namefrom Cal State. Hayward, to Cal State, East Bay, the universityhoped to project its expanding role in two mostly suburban countries east ofSan Francisco.
    The University of Southern Colorado, a state institution, became ColoradoState University at Pucblo two years ago, hoping to bighight many internalchanges,including offering more graluate programs and setting higher admissionsstandards.
    Beaver College turned itself intoArcadia University in 2001 for several reasons: to break the connection withits past as a women's college, to promote its growth into a full-fledged(完全成熟的) university andofficials acknowledged, to climinate some jokes about the college's oldname on late-night television and ”moring zoo“ radio shows.
    Many college officials said changinga name and image could produce substantial results. At Arcadia,in addition to therise in applications,the average student's test score has increased by60 points,JuliRoebeck,anArcadia spokeswoman
    said.
    51. which of the following is NOT the reason for collegesto change their names?
    A They prefer higher education competition
    B They try to gain advantage in market share.
    C They want to project their image.
    D They hope to make some changes.
    52. It is implied that one of the most significantchanges in highter education in the past decade is
    A the brand.
    B the college names
    C the concept of marketing
    D list of majors.
    53.The thrase ”come up with“(Line 3 Para4)probably means
    A catch up with
    B deal with
    C put forward
    D come to the realizatoin
    54 The case of name changing from Cal State Hayward toCal State indicates that the university
    A is perceived by the society
    B hopes to expand its influence
    C prefers to reform its reaching programs
    D expects to enlange its campus
    55.According to the spokeswoman the name change of Beaver College
    A turns out very successful

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-4 14:08:25 | 显示全部楼层
    B fails to attain its goal
    C has eliminated some jokes
    D has transformed its status
    Passage Four
    it looked just like another aircraft from the outside The pilot told hisyoung passengers that it was built in 1964.But apperances were deceptive and the13 students from Europe and the USAwho boarded the aiecraft were in for the fligt of their lives.
    Inside the area that normally hadseats had become a long white tunnel.Heavily padded(填塞) from floor to ceiling it looked abit strange.There were almost no windows ,but ligts along thepadded walls illuminated it.Most of the seats had been taken out apart fromafew at the back where the young scientists quickly took their places with alook of fear.
    For 12 months,science students from across the continents hadcompeted to win a place on the flight at the invitation of the European SpaceAgency .the challenge had been to suggest imaginative experments to beconducted in weightless condtions.
    For the next two hours the flightresembled that of an onormous bird which had lose its reson,shooting upwards towards the heavens beforerushing towards Earth.The invention was to Achieve weightlessness for a fewseconds.
    The aircraft took off smoothlyenough. But any feelings that I and the young scientists had that we were onanything like a scheduled passenger service were quickly dismissed when thepilot put the plane into a 45 degree climb which lasted around 20 seconds. Thenthe engines cut our and we became weightless. Everything become confused andleft or right. Up or down no longer had any meaning. after ten seconds of freefall descent the pilot pulled the aircraft out of its nosedive. The return ofgravity was less immediate than its loss. but was still sudden enough to ensurethat some students came down with a bump.
    Each time the pilot cut the enginesand we became weightless. A new team conduct it experience. First it was theDucth who wanted to discover how it is that cats always land on their feet.then the German team who conducted a successful experiment on a traditionalbuilding method to see if could be used for building a futher space station.the Americans had an idea to create solar sails that could be used bysatellites.
    After two hours of going up and downin the lane doing their experiments,the predominate feeling was one of excitement rather than sickness. Most of thestudents thought it was an unforgettable experience and one they would be keento repeat.
    56、what did the writer say about the plane?.
    A It had no seats.
    B It was painted white.
    C It had no windows.
    D The outside was misleading.
    57.according to the writer ,how did theyoung scientists feel before the flight?
    A sick
    B keen
    C nervous
    D impatient
    58.what did the pilot do with the plane after it took off?
    A He quickly climbed and then stopped the engines.
    B He climbed and them made the plane fall slowly.
    C He took off normally and then cut the engines for 20 seconds.
    D He climbed and then made the plane turn over.
    59.Acoording to the passage,the purposeof being weightless was to
    A see what conditions bare like in space
    B prepare the young scientists for future work in space
    C show the judges of the competition what they could do
    D make the teams try out their ideas
    60.this passage was written to
    A encourage young people to take up science
    B describe the process of a scientific competition
    C show scientists what young people can do
    D report on a new scientific technique
    SectionIV
    Translation (20 points)Directions:
    In this section there is apassage in English. Translate the five sentences underlined into Chinese andwrite your translation on ANSWER SHEET 2.
    The smooth landing of shuttle(航天飞机)Discovery ended a flight that was successful in almost every respect butone:the dislodging of a big chunk of foam,like the one that doomed the Columbia. This flightwas supposed to vault the shuttle fleet back into space after a prolongedgrounding for repairs. But given the repeat of the very problem that two yearsof retooling was supposed to resolve,theverdict is necessarily mixed.(61)Once again,thespace agency has been forced to put off the flight until it can find a solutionto the problem,and no one seems willing to guess howthat may take .
    The Discovery astronauts performed superbly during their two-week mission,and the shuttle looked better than ever in somerespects.(62)spaceofficials were justifiably happy that so much had gone well,despite daily worries over possible risks. theflight clearly achieved its prime objectives.
    The astronauts transferred tons of cargo to the international spacestation,which has been limping along overheadwith a reduced crew and limited supplies carried up on smaller Russianspacecraft .(63)Theyreplaced a broken device .repaired another and carted away a load of rubbishthat had been left on the station,showing the shuttlecan bring full loads back down from space.
    This was the most scrutinized shuttle flight ever. with the vehicleundergoing close inspection while still in orbit.(64)New sensing and photographic equipment to look forpotentially dangerous damage to the sensitive external skin proved valuable .Anew back flip maneuver allowed station astronauts to photograph the shuttle'sunderbelly .and an extra-long robotic arm enabled astronauts see parts of theshuttle that were previously out of sight .
    (65)The flood of images and the openness in discussingits uncertainties about potential hazards sometimes made it appear that theshuttle was about to fall apart,In the end thedamage was clearly tolerable . A much-touted spacewalk to repair the shuttle'sskin the first of its kind moved an astronaut close enough to pluck out someprotruding material with his hand Preliminary evidence indicates that Discoveryhas far fewer nicks and gouges than shuttles on previous flights.
    perhaps showing that improvements to reduce the shedding of debris fromthe external fuel tank have had some success .
    Section V
    Writing (20 points)
    Directions:
    In this part,you are asked to write a composition according to the information below. You should write more than 150 words neatly on
    ANSWER SHEET 2.
    Describe the diagram andanalyze the possible causes .You should write at least 150 words on the ANSWERSHEET
    1998-2004年全国工程硕士硕士录取人数
    工程硕士:Master ofEngineering
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 13:01 , Processed in 0.078305 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.