主题

2万

帖子

8万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-6-26 12:55:46 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  2013年考研英语二阅读新题型首次出现了小标题对应题型。该篇文章来源于2012年7月13日的英国《卫报》“生活与时尚”板块中一篇名为How to Eat Well on a Tight Budget的文章,鉴于此,文都考研高端辅导中心再次强烈建议有意参加2014考研的同学们,无论是基于切实提高自身英语阅读能力的目的还是基于考研英语取得佳绩的目的,都应该在日常学习过程中,广泛涉猎英美核心期刊杂志如The Guardian(《卫报》),The Economics(《经济学人》),Scientific American(《科学美国人》),Newsweek(《新闻周刊》),The Times(《泰晤士报》)等等。此外,同学们也可参考何凯文老师出版的《考研英语阅读同源外刊时文精析》,通过精读与泛读相结合的方式提升自己的英语阅读理解水平,只有做到知己知彼,方能百战百胜,无往而不利。回归到2013考研英语二阅读新题型,以下为其英文原文完整版呈现:
  Floor-to-ceiling stacks of alphabetised books occupy the Skint Foodie's living room. In the kitchen, Le Creuset casseroles sit beside gleaming silver utensils and a big, floury bread paddle. He shuffles around, realigning the fruit bowl a few times, organising things. Everything is just so. But it's not always like this. The Skint Foodie – or Tony, as he'd like to be known – revels in his "anal retentiveness" because it's a marker of his mental state. Large portions of last year were swallowed by debilitating depression: periods when his pristine flat would be "full of fried chicken and Findus crispy pancake boxes" for months on end. As Tony says, "Depression strips you of any desire to nourish yourself, in any form."
  The hugely popular blog the Skint Foodie chronicles how Tony balances his love of good food with living on benefits. After bills, Tony has £60 a week to spend, £40 of which goes on food, but 10 years ago he was earning £130,000 a year working in corporate communications and eating at London's best restaurants at least twice a week".
  Then his marriage unravelled, his career burned out and his drinking became serious. "I assumed the end would be me drinking myself to death," he says, dryly. "But the community mental health team got me into a hostel and stopped me living on the street. They saved my life. And I felt like that again, to a certain degree, when people responded to the blog so well. It gave me the validation and confidence that I'd lost. But it's still a day-by-day thing."
  Now he's living in a council flat and fielding offers from literary agents. He's feeling positive, but a book is not his top priority. "My mental health is. Once I've been stable for 12 months, I'll think about it seriously." In the meantime, he'll carry on blogging – not about eating as cheaply as you can – "there are so many people in a much worse state, with barely any money to spend on food" – but eating well on a budget. Here's his advice for frugal foodies.
  Planning is everything
  Impulsive spending isn't an option so plan your week's menu in advance, making shopping lists for your ingredients in their exact quantities. Being an anal-retentive, I have an Excel template for a week of breakfast, lunch and dinner. Stop laughing: it's not just cost effective but helps you balance your diet. It's also a good idea to shop daily instead of weekly, because, being human, you'll sometimes change your mind about what you fancy.
  Stick to what you need
  This is where supermarkets and their anonymity come in handy. With them, there's not the same embarrassment as when buying one carrot in a little greengrocer. And if you plan properly, you'll know that you only need, say, 350g of shin of beef and six rashers of bacon, not whatever weight is pre-packed in the supermarket chiller.
  Waste not, want not
  You may proudly claim to only have frozen peas in the freezer – that's not good enough. Mine is filled with leftovers, bread, stock, meat and fish. Planning ahead should eliminate wastage, but if you have surplus vegetable you'll do a minestrone, and all fruits threatening to "go off" will be made into a compote or juiced.
  Live like a peasant
  This means eating the obvious things such as beans, pulses and abundant vegetable, but also cheaper fish such as mackerel, pouting and flounder, and cuts of meat such as beef shin, pork cheeks and offal. I love all that stuff, but it really is the only way to go, and easy to find if you make a bit of effort.
  Shopkeepers are your friends
  Everyone says this, but it really is a top tip for frugal eaters. Shop at butchers, delis and fishmongers regularly, even for small things, and be super friendly. Soon you'll feel comfortable asking if they've any knuckles of ham or prosciutto for soups and stews, or beef bones, chicken carcasses and fish heads for stock which, more often than not, they'll let you have for free.
  Remember to treat yourself
  You won't be eating out a lot, but save your pennies and once every few months treat yourself to a set lunch at a good restaurant – £1.75 a week for three months gives you £21 – more than enough for a three-course lunch at Michelin-starred Arbutus. It's £16.95 there – or £12.99 for a large pizza from Domino's: I know which I'd rather eat.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 01:17 , Processed in 0.076768 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.