|
(十)两个不定式由and, or, except, but, than 连接时,第二个可省略to,尤其是两个不定式紧密相连时。例如:
I intend to call on him and discuss this question again. 我打算去拜访他并和他谈谈这个问题。
I’d like to lie down and go to sleep. 我想躺下睡觉。
You’re free to talk or laugh here. 在这里你可以随便说笑。
I’m anxious to go and ask him about it. 我急于去问问他这个事。
Do you want to have lunch now or wait till later? 你想现在吃午饭还是再等会儿?
We had nothing to do except (to) look at the posters outside the cinema. 我们无事可做,只有看看电影院外面的招贴。
He had nothing to do except talk nonsense. 除了胡说八道,他没别的事干。
I would rather die than be insulted. 我宁死也不受侮辱。
I’ll do anything but work on a farm. 除了去农场干活,我什么都干。
It’s easier to persuade people than (to) force them. 说服人容易,强迫人难。
It’s better to take a taxi than (to) wait here. 搭出租车也比在这等强。
句子中but后面的不定式带不带to,取决于but前面的句子里含不含do,只要有与do/did有关的词(do作谓语,to do作定语等等),but后面的不定式就省掉to。例如:
I can do nothing but go there alone. 除了独自一个到那里去,我别无选择。
I have nothing to do but go there alone. 除了独自一个到那里去我没事可干。
He did nothing but cry all day long. 他除了整天哭,什么也不干。 |
|