考研族 发表于 2018-6-8 21:58:08

考研英语阅读美文积累第15期:旧衣也有新穿法

【小编推荐】点击领取《2018考研复试免费规划课程》全程规划备考有技巧,面试技能巧提高,英语口语说得妙,调剂信息早知道!文都名师带你走出迷茫,步步为“赢”考研每一步!
  考研复试交流群:224751203【点击一键加群】丨微信公众号【考研复试调剂】
  考研小编推荐:【各省市2018考研成绩查询时间丨全国高校2018考研成绩查询通知】【2018考研复试自我介绍范文丨考研复试视频集锦】
  考研英语的学习是个日积月累的过程,从单词到词组,句型、语法、写作等,是一环扣一环。且不说所谓的语感,光是熟练的朗读都需要一段过程。文都考研小编为大家搜罗了各类美文,希望能帮助大家在简单的日常中达到一个熟练记忆且灵活运用的程度。以下是考研英语阅读美文积累第15期:旧衣也有新穿法。
  Old clothes can be wearing in new ways
  旧衣也有新穿法
  These days, Ann Fitzpatrick, director of thepersonal-shopping team at the Saks Fifth Avenuestore in Beverly Hills, cleans out her closet withsurgical precision.
  比佛利山的萨克斯第五大道店个人购物组的负责人安·菲茨帕特里克正在整理她的衣柜,她的动作麻利,像做外科手术般精准。
  Thirteen years ago, before she moved into a homewith smaller closets, Ms. Fitzpatrick purged herwardrobe of pieces she no longer needed.
  十三年前,在她搬进一个衣柜较小的房子前,她清理衣柜的时候丢掉了一些不再需要的衣服。
  She has regretted the loss ever since. “I am still pining for those pieces I let go that are notreplaceable,”says Ms. Fitzpatrick, who spent many years helping clients shop and weed throughtheir closets and now oversees the service.
  那以后,她后悔不迭。这些年来,她一直在为客户买衣服、在清理衣柜方面提供咨询服务,如今她已是这项业务的负责人了。她说,当年被她扔掉的那些衣服是无法替代的,她现在仍时不时地想起它们。
  As a result, Ms. Fitzpatrick now makes sure to hold onto beloved pieces that are in good shape. She has learned, she says, that alterations can easily update looks.
  因此,现在,只要衣服还有型,她就绝不会丢掉这些心爱的宝贝。她说,她已经懂得了稍微变一下就可以轻松地让旧衣换新颜。
  She changes buttons on old cardigans and jackets to create a more modern look and hashemlines taken down or up as the style dictates;
  她会变换旧开衫毛衣和夹克上的纽扣,让衣服样子看起来更时尚,还会随时尚潮流的变化,调整衣服的下摆长度。
  on one Calvin Klein skirt, she has let the hem out twice. If she has a hole in a cashmeresweater, she often looks for an artisan who can reweave it.
  她曾经把一件CK 衬衫的下摆调整过好几次。如果她的一件开司米毛衣上有个洞,她通常会找手工师傅把洞补起来。
  Avoiding large purges, she weeds through her wardrobe every season, getting rid of itemssuch as shoes with worn-out toes or chipped heels,sweaters that can’t be rewoven.
  为了避免衣服堆得太多,她每季都会清理衣柜,整理出那些脚趾部分磨损严重或鞋跟磨坏了的鞋子,或者是破了洞没法再补的毛衣。
  She also weeds out items that don’t fit or have colors she no longer likes.
  她还会整理出那些不再合身或者颜色过时的衣物。
  She’ll let her two daughters have first pick of the cast-offs and then will give the rest tocharities. Nothing gets thrown away.
  她首先会让自己的两个女儿从她不要的衣服里挑出她们想要的,然后把剩下的捐给慈善机构。她再也不会轻易丢掉任何东西。
  “I believe that there has got to be a home for any of the things I’ve owned,” Ms. Fitzpatricksays.
  她说,“我认为,我曾拥有过的每样东西都应该有个家。”
  更多【各省2018考研成绩查询时间/入口】、【历年考研国家线汇总(2013年-2017年)】、【全国各高校2018考研调剂信息|调剂流程汇总】、【全国各高校2018考研复试通知|复试分数线汇总】详尽信息,皆在文都考研网。

页: [1]
查看完整版本: 考研英语阅读美文积累第15期:旧衣也有新穿法