考研网 发表于 2017-10-30 22:11:20

2018考研英语双语阅读:水喝太多也不好

  2018考研复习进行时,考研英语阅读真题中的文章,多摘自英美主流外刊,有时候你认识所有单词、搞清全部语法还不够,还需要了解英美文化,掌握他们的表达方式,这就是阅读的潜台词。下面新东方网考研频道考研整理《2018考研英语双语阅读精选》,速来学习吧!
       
          Drinking too much water can be dangerous
          水喝太多也不好,看看过量喝水会有哪些症状?
          Drinking too much water brings a host of horrors, some of which can be
lethal.
          喝太多水会带来一系列的麻烦事,并且其中一些可能是致命的。
          Having too much water dilutes your blood, which decreases the concentration
of sodium and electrolytes in our bodies.
          引入大量水后会稀释你血液的浓度,降低我们体内钠和电解质的浓度。
          Since sodium is what regulates the water in and around our cells, our cells
begin swelling up.
          由于钠是调节我们细胞内和周围水浓度的关键因素,所以钠浓度降低后我们的细胞开始膨胀。
          According to Dr Tamara Hew-Butler, a science professor at Oakland
University, if our brain cells swell up to more than 10 per cent, it can reach
our skull and possibly push the brain stem out of place.
          根据奥克兰大学的科学教授Tamara hew-
butler博士的说法,如果我们的大脑细胞膨胀到10%以上,它就能到达我们的头骨部位,并可能将脑干推到不合适的地方。
          But how much is too much? As it depends on each individual, always consult
your doctor before drastically lowering or increasing your water intake.
          但多少才算太多?这取决于个人,在大幅度降低或增加你的水摄入量之前,一定要咨询你的医生。
          YOU FILL UP YOUR WATER BOTTLE SEVERAL TIMES A DAY
          每天你喝几瓶水?
          A typical water bottle holds around 500ml. If you fill that bottle up more
than six times a day, chances are you are overhydrated.
          典型的水瓶容积大约500ml左右。如果你每天喝六瓶及以上,那么你很可能是过量饮水。
          YOUR URINE IS CLEAR
          你的尿液是否纯净?
          If your urine is almost transparent, it is a sign for you to stop guzzling
all that water.
          如果你的尿液几乎是透明的,那么你就不要再喝水了。
          YOU OFTEN FEEL NAUSEOUS
          你是否感到恶心?
          Drinking more water than your body requires often results in your kidney
struggling to get rid of the excess water.
          摄入过量的水也会使你的肾脏无法承受多余的水分。
          The extra water starts getting collected in your body and results in
unpleasant symptoms such as nausea, diarrhoea, or in some cases, vomiting.
          多余的水分开始在体内积聚,导致恶心、腹泻等不适症状,有时还会呕吐。
          YOU WAKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO PEE
          你会半夜醒来去小便么?
          If that sounds familiar, it means you have had too much water the previous
day. Frequent peeing also prevents you from having a restful sleep.
          如果你确实这样过,那就意味着你前一天喝了太多水。频繁的小便也会妨碍你好好睡一觉。
          YOU ALWAYS HAVE HEADACHES
          头痛
          If you are a victim of daily headaches, it might be because of your high
water intake.
          如果你平时头痛较多,那可能是因为你的高摄水量。
          The low sodium count of your blood results in swelled-up cells, which might
cause your brain to expand in size.
          血液中钠含量降低,会导致大量的脑细胞膨胀,这可能会使你的大脑体积膨胀。
          This expansion pushes your brain against your skull which causes that
painful throbbing sensation.
          大脑体积的膨胀会使大脑受到颅骨压迫,从而出现大脑头疼感。
          YOU ALWAYS HAVE MUSCLE CRAMPS
          你总是肌肉痉挛?
          Electrolytes are important elements in our bodies that allow our muscles to
contract during workouts. If you drink too much water, the electrolyte levels in
your blood drop, which causes frequent muscles cramps or spasms.
          电解质是我们体内的重要元素,可以让我们的肌肉在锻炼时收缩。如果你喝太多水,血液中的电解质水平会下降,这会导致频繁的肌肉痉挛或痉挛。
          YOU FEEL LETHARGIC
          你感觉昏昏欲睡?
          Drinking too much water means your kidneys have to work extra hard. The
energy taken up by your kidneys leaves the rest of your body feeling very
tired.
          喝太多水意味着你的肾脏必须加倍努力工作。肾脏吸收的能量会让身体的其他部分感到非常疲惫。
          来源:Asia one
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 2018考研英语双语阅读:水喝太多也不好