考研族 发表于 2017-9-5 20:56:24

考研英语(二)历年真题阅读要点之2013-Text 4(二)

随着考研英语复习的推进,我们越来越接近最新的真题。各位同学是否具备了一定的应试能力呢?为了帮助大家更好地复习,文都教育考研英语老师为各位同学梳理一下历年真题阅读文章中涉及的要点,包括词汇、短语、长难句以及简单的阅读方法。接下来看一下2013年考研英语(二)真题阅读Text 4,这篇文章主要探讨了欧洲各国公司董事会成员性别严重失衡的情况。
  “Personally, I don’t like quotas,” Reding said recently. “But I like what the quotas do.” Quotas get action: they “open the way to equality and they break through the glass ceiling,” according to Reding, a result seen in France and other countries with legally binding provisions on placing women in top business positions.
  personally“就个人而言”;get action“敦促行动”;open the way to“开启通往...之路”;equality“平等”;break through“突破”;glass ceiling“玻璃天花板”,指公司企业和机关团体限制某些群体(女性、少数民族)晋升到高级职位的障碍;binding“有约束力的”;provision“条款”。
  I understand Reding’s reluctance -- and her frustration. I don’t like quotas either; they run counter to my belief in meritocracy, governance by the capable. But, when one considers the obstacles to achieving the meritocratic ideal, it does look as if a fairer world must be temporarily ordered.
  reluctance“勉强”;run counter to“违反,与...背道而驰”;belief“信仰”;meritocracy“精英管理的社会”,形容词形式meritocratic;obstacle“障碍”;achieve“实现”;ideal“理想”;does强调动词look;temporarily“暂时地”;ordered“有秩序的”。
  After all, four decades of evidence has now shown that corporations in Europe as well as the U.S. are evading the meritocratic hiring and promotion of women to top position -- no matter how much “soft pressure” is put upon them. When women do break through to the summit of corporate power -- as, for example, Sheryl Sandberg recently did at Facebook -- hey attract massive attention precisely because they remain the exception to the rule.
  after all“毕竟”;decade“十年”;corporation“公司”;as well as可以表示“和”,相当于and;evade“规避”;hiring“雇佣”;promotion“提拔,晋升”;put upon可以指“胁迫”;power“权力”;attract massive attention“吸引大量的关注”;remain the exception to“仍然是...的例外”;rule“规则”。
  If appropriate public policies were in place to help all women -- whether CEOs or their children’s caregivers -- and all families, Sandberg would be no more newsworthy than any other highly capable person living in a more just society.
  appropriate“恰当的”;be in place“在应有的位置上”;caregiver“照料者,护理者”;no more...than...表示“两者都不”;newsworthy“有新闻价值的”;capable“有能力的”;just“公平的”。
  以上就是文都教育考研英语老师为大家梳理的2013年考研英语(二)真题Text 4后四段的要点。努力不等于重复劳动,也不等于故意拖延以寻求自我安慰。希望各位同学合理安排时间,努力与方法相结合,简单高效完成复习任务,不仅攻破考研,也为以后的生活奠定良好的基础。
  【重点推送】文都教育2018考研大纲专题已上线——点击进入,文都各位名师届时将为考生们做出全面详细的解析。

页: [1]
查看完整版本: 考研英语(二)历年真题阅读要点之2013-Text 4(二)