考研族 发表于 2017-6-23 20:02:31

考研英语历年真题阅读要点之2008-Text 1(二)

“古之立大事者,不惟有超世之才,亦必有坚忍不拔之志。”各位同学,你们的考研复习进度如何?需要坚持不懈哦。文都英语老师继续为大家梳理历年考研英语真题阅读文章中涉及的要点,包括词汇、短语、长难句以及简单的阅读方法。接下来看一下2008年考研英语真题阅读Text 1,这篇文章主要探讨了现代社会女性压力大于男性的状况。
  Dr. Yehuda notes another difference between the sexes. “I think that the kinds of things that women are exposed to tend to be in more of a chronic or repeated nature... combat stress... random physical violence. The kinds of interpersonal violence ... in domestic situations, by, unfortunately, parents or other family members, and they tend not to be one-shot deals. The wear-and-tear that comes from these longer relationships can be quite devastating.”
  note“指出,特别提到”;another表明本段和上一段并列;be exposed to“接触,遭受”;chronic“慢性的,长期的”,不认识无所谓,与repeated之间用or连接,表明含义相近;nature“性质”;combat“战斗”;random“随机的,任意的”,也可以理解为“偶然的”;violence“暴力”;interpersonal“人际的”;domestic“家庭的”;one-shot“只有一次的”;wear-and-tear“磨损,损耗”;devastating“毁灭性的”。
  Adeline Alvarez married at 18 and gave birth to a son, but was determined to finish college. “... I was living in so much frustration that that was my escape, ..., and get ahead ...” ... “It’s the hardest thing to take care of a teenager, have a job, pay the rent, pay the car payment, and pay the debt. I lived from paycheck to paycheck.”
  give birth to“生孩子”;be determined to do“决定做某事”;struggle“努力,挣扎”;frustration“挫折”;escape“逃离,摆脱”;get ahead“取得进步,获得成功”;take care of“照顾”;pay the rent“交房租”;pay the car payment“付车款”;pay the debt“偿还欠款”。I lived from paycheck to paycheck.表明Adeline Alvarez辛苦赚到的钱勉强支付家庭日常花销。
  Not everyone experiences the kinds of severe chronic stresses ... obligations, with few breaks, and feeling the strain. Alvarez’s experience demonstrates the importance of finding ways to diffuse stress before it threatens your health and your ability to function.
  experience“经历”;severe“严重的”,相当于serious;obligation“责任”;break“间歇”;strain“压力,负担”;demonstrate“表明”;diffuse“减弱,平息”,在此可以表示“缓解”;threaten“威胁”;ability to function可以理解为“行事能力”。
  以上就是文都英语老师为大家梳理的2008年考研英语真题阅读Text 1后三段的要点。“百川东到海,何时复西归?少壮不努力,老大徒伤悲。”各位同学,好好把握学习和探索的黄金时期,不断丰富自己,提升能力吧!“长风破浪会有时,直挂云帆济沧海。”
  文都考研温馨提醒:2018考研招生专业目录预计公布时间段为6月至10月,更多有关招生简章、招生专业目录以及推免生招生简章信息。【2018文都保研推免交流QQ群:375436493】

页: [1]
查看完整版本: 考研英语历年真题阅读要点之2008-Text 1(二)